Expectant Fathers

  • Currently 0/5 Stars.
You may use the stars on the left to rate and leave feedback for the current article. No registration is required. Waiting for 5 votes 0.0 of 5 stars (0 votes) — Thanks for your vote

Please fill out the following optional information before submitting your rating:

The baby's father must voluntarily consent to the adoption, formally deny paternity, have his parental rights terminated, or elect to parent the child.

Sometimes a father may not want to acknowledge paternity of his child, and refuse to sign the relinquishment papers. In this case, he would be required to sign a paper saying that he is denying paternity of the child, and thus waives his rights to the child. If the father will not sign either relinquishment or the waiver, the attorney can take steps to legally terminate the birthfather’s rights.

If it is uncertain as to which of several men may be the baby’s father, a signed consent or waiver must be obtained from each.

In a situation where the father’s location is unknown, the attorney must perform a due-diligence search for him by advertising in newspapers and taking other actions to find him. If the father does not respond, it will be presented to the court that all reasonable efforts were made to locate him, and his parental rights will be severed.

Related Topics
Visitor Comments (1)
Adding your comments contributes to the adoption community. Please keep all comments on topic and civil. Visitors are invited to comment and vote for or flag comments based on appropriateness and helpfulness. All comments must adhere to our commenting rules and are subject to moderation.
jessica - 1 month ago
0 0 0
what would be said in the ad for the newspaper? #1
Settings Help Feedback
Template Settings
Width: 1024     1280
Choose a Location:
Choose a Theme: